Hooray, the laziness is finally making it's way out the door! Well...sort of. Slowly but surely, people.
Because I've gone home these past two long weekends, Mr. Laziness has been taking over my life. I'd come back from work, watch some tv (to rest after the hike up to Susquehanna :P), maybe fix a snack and do stuff on the computer until I felt like eating - which I all enjoyed. It was good to relax.
But in the back of my mind I always knew there were things to get done, people I needed to talk to, and goals to accomplish.
I wanted to punish myself each night after a day of absolute laziness. But I didn't know how to, so I didn't. I decided to let the guilt sink in. That was punishment enough.
There are a number of "pushes" God gave me to help me get in my work mode. Getting to talk to Karen again (we missed a few nights because I was home and we were both a bit busy) helped me get back on the right track. I know she's been a busy one and it's really tough for her in D.C. but she perseveres and relies on God to help her through.
Talking to Michelle also got me going. I love that girl like no other and one thing that's great is not only do I love just being with her, talking with her, and living with her, but I love working with her as well. Yesterday I realized how busy we're actually going to be next year (busier than freshman and sophomore year? Is it possible? Apparently it is), and the pressures of being an upperclassman, although we feel like we already became upperclassmen when we became sophomores. As both Karen and Michelle said to me, we're both very excited but very nervous about being Juniors.
As a result, it motivates me to make sure I continue to prepare well this summer to brace myself for the upcoming semester. And I don't mean just accomplishing tasks here and there, but preparing spiritually as well. Let's pray for how God is moving and working in people's lives right now as we approach the imminent and daunting semester.
Let's go, people. We've got work to do!
1 comment:
let's live ;)
we gots this!
Post a Comment