I miss writing stories, using my imagination to take me away from here.
I miss reading for fun - especially right before I go to sleep.
I miss baking and feeding people.
I miss watching One Tree Hill and Gilmore Girls with Michelle.
I miss Pam, but so does everyone else.
I miss simplicity and clarity.
I miss freshman year BTB.
I miss rocking out on the drums.
I miss progress.
I miss beautiful stars and breath-taking sunsets.
I miss waking up on the first alarm and smiling at the sun.
I miss being well rested.
I miss having nothing to do.
I miss my high school friends.
I miss learning to follow and follow well.
I miss sharing with others what I learn in school.
I miss writing songs.
Is this what it means to lay your life down for your friends?
Is this what it takes to rely fully on God?
Is this what it means to die to yourself for the sake of Christ?
Is this what Jesus meant when He said, "Feed my sheep," and "Tend my lambs"?
Is this what I have to let go of in order to take on hope?
You break through my deafness
Swing open the curtain
And I find the courage to get up and walk
I forget my weakness
For You’ve answered my loneliness
And through the mud on my eyes
I can see my Hope has come
Get Up and Walk // _Bethany Dillon
3 comments:
there are gona be loads of things that you'll miss...and there are gona be loads of things that will seem a bit far fetched when we see/feel/take on what it means to follow Christ whole-heartedly...
its not the funnest thing to do...but those are signs that you're moving onward with life with God =]
you'll see what i mean eventually...miss you lots...hope you're doing well, i hear a lot of good things bout what you're doing with btb =D
I also think that there are seasons -- some of these things will happen again, some will never happen, and some are actually not as sweet as you remember. I think to lay down your life does not mean to give up all of the things that give you joy, but to see them in the context of belonging to community. Ack! This is a much longer answer! Let's talk on Wednesday!
let's watch oth or gg then :)
Post a Comment