Monday, October 5, 2009

Can't Wait!

I canNOT wait until next weekend! The whole family (meaning my parents, my sisters, my cousin, my aunt and uncle) is coming up to visit (including my grandma!) and I'm really excited. We're planning on going apple picking and going out to eat and all sorts of fun stuff.

I'm also really excited because I haven't seen them in so long and I miss them a lot. I miss home. I still really love being here at school and I like junior year even though it's so different from freshman and sophomore year...and I love how I'm growing and how God has still been working through my life and showing me things I didn't see before, but I'm also learning to miss home.

I'm afraid to be by myself sometimes nowadays because I feel like I think too much. When I met up with Carrie last Wednesday at the end of our meeting I was trying to answer a question she had asked and I said "I don't know." And then I paused before adding, "I say that a lot, don't I?" And it's true, I do. I'm a slow processor and I think it's annoying sometimes. Or at least maybe to other people. Because I've been realizing how it affects the way I do or react to things. I like to plan. I try not to be a hardcore planner because I know things won't necessarily go the way I want them to. I try to be as flexible as I can. I know I'm not in control of everything. But I do try to manage well what I've been given. I try to be intentional, deliberate, and thoughtful, but at the same time going with the flow of things.

I honestly also feel inadequate sometimes as a leader and I don't know how to fix things. Which makes sense, since I can't fix everything. But still. Do you know what I mean?

I just know I miss home. With my family, I don't have to think about these things as much. And if anything, they help me think these things through a little better.

By the way, you're reading the blog of a contributing columnist for BU's Pipe Dream, our school newspaper. Now THAT'S exciting :D

1 comment:

bobosaur... said...

its ok to say "i dont know" =]

its not pleasant, but to a certain degree its like as if we're entrusting that God knows and He's gona show us whats the "right" answer/response no?

good leadership = good influence