One thing I'm not looking forward to about the wedding:
People staring at me. I know it's pretty unavoidable, but honestly, I'm just not looking forward to that aspect of the wedding. Especially when I'm walking down the aisle. I bet it's going to feel like an eternity.
One thing I'm looking forward to about the wedding:
Watching my worlds collide. I saw a glimpse of it at my bridal shower. It was so much fun seeing some of the most important women in my life get together for some playful competition and to share in celebrating this new chapter of my life. I liked that my friends got to see a little bit of what my family is like and my family could see a glimpse of who my friends are.
That's what I've always liked about celebrations that have to focus on me. It's not the attention or hub-bub of craziness or gifts that I enjoy for birthdays, graduations, and etc. It's having an excuse or reason for bringing together people who would not normally interact with each other on any other occasion. I think people from one world have a lot to offer and receive from another world, and I like being a bridge in that gap. Not always, of course. It's not always an easy thing. But I think there are points of intersections where I see a glimpse of God's beauty in community when things like that happen. And it's so cool that God invites us to be a part of it.
And oh boy, I'm anticipating a lot of worlds colliding at the end of this month. Brace yourselves, folks.
Also, for those of you attending all of the wedding shenanigans, be warned: it will not be your normal reception celebration. But I hope you'll feel welcomed and have fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment