I knew exactly why - when I was little I used to hate rain boots of any kind. I think I hated that they were big and clunky and usually had some kind of insert that w
ould come out every single time I pulled my foot out. It was annoying. So I'd always wear sneakers, the same ones I wore everyday.
Which of course, led me to avoid puddles. No one wants soaking wet socks. And I hated exposing my bare feet to the rain, so I never wore flip flops, either. I like my feet dry, thank you. With non-waterproof shoes, puddles are not pleasant. And they're often hard to avoid, too. Wet socks and wet feet could ruin any day in a heartbeat.
I was thinking today about how puddles are still the same, but I don't hate them like I used to, thanks to my new rain boots. They're still unavoidable at times, but I'm not afraid of puddles like I used to be. I just walk right through them with a newfound confidence, and my feet will come out dry. Sometimes, I even look forward to making a splash.
It's amazing how a simple pair of rain boots could change your perspective on things and give you a sense of freedom you had all along.
Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior. But now he has reconciled you by Christ's physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation - if you continue in your faith, established and firm, not moved from the hope held out in the gospel.
Which of course, led me to avoid puddles. No one wants soaking wet socks. And I hated exposing my bare feet to the rain, so I never wore flip flops, either. I like my feet dry, thank you. With non-waterproof shoes, puddles are not pleasant. And they're often hard to avoid, too. Wet socks and wet feet could ruin any day in a heartbeat.
I was thinking today about how puddles are still the same, but I don't hate them like I used to, thanks to my new rain boots. They're still unavoidable at times, but I'm not afraid of puddles like I used to be. I just walk right through them with a newfound confidence, and my feet will come out dry. Sometimes, I even look forward to making a splash.
It's amazing how a simple pair of rain boots could change your perspective on things and give you a sense of freedom you had all along.
Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior. But now he has reconciled you by Christ's physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation - if you continue in your faith, established and firm, not moved from the hope held out in the gospel.
--Colossians 1:21-23b
Oh and also, taking a long walk in the rain with God is one of the most refreshing and awesome things I've experienced in a long time.
1 comment:
walk through them regardless of rainboots! :)
Post a Comment