The first thing the both of them said was that I loved climbing things. I'd always climb to the top of the jungle gym, even when other mothers warned mine that it was dangerous for a three or four year old to go that high. I loved climbing the tree in our backyard. My dad said I was a rambunctious child that ran around a lot and climbed whatever I came across.My dad said I was fearless.
My mom said I was cautious.
She said when I climbed the jungle gym I was very careful with how fast and how high I was willing to go and very deliberate with where I placed my hands and feet. She said I always climbed trees and chairs, but I never tried to climb tables or couches.
I asked my parents if there was anything else they could remember or think of that could help. My dad said he remembers when I was one or two I fell asleep with my face in a pile of spaghetti. My mom said I would bully my cousin Mike but I would never pick on anyone taller than me.
I told them that those things weren't really helpful and asked them if they noticed any significant changes in my personality from when I was little to the way I am now.
My dad said I was less fearless now.
In high school I'd definitely agree with him. Freshman year in college? Yeah probably. But nowadays, I just might disagree a little. Just a little :]
1 comment:
when i think of you climbing, i definitely think of the tree in your backyard. when we went apple picking pam really wanted to climb the trees. uh if i come over to your house do you think we could still climb it? i also think of you climbing on chairs, falling, and getting that monster scar on your leg.
Post a Comment