God answered the prayer I blogged yesterday and the prayer I prayed right after that post.
My fears haven't left me, but God reminded me of who He is.
He brought me excitement when I received an email asking for a phone interview after receiving my application for a summer internship.
He reminded me that it was not me or my credentials, but His power and His work that led me to where I am.
As I shared some plans/ideas that I had for my responsibilities in InterVarsity with Pam last night, I grew more excited, reading through some practical instructions to carry them out that God provided through a Chapter Building manual. I'm not crazy after all.
God provided some possible people who could take my guitar up to school for me.
God connected me with a cousin I have wanted to get in touch with for a while.
An old friend finally called me back.
God reminded me that I will not know what tomorrow will bring, that He provides exactly what I need to know to obey Him.
God reminded me that taking a leap of faith was taking a risk, and required trust - I needed to let go of my own control.
God reminded me that I was hand-picked by Him to serve on E-board, that, just as I read this morning that God had chosen Abraham "so that the Lord may bring to Abraham what He has promised him," just as He chose me.
He didn't say, "Because Abraham is perfect or at least the closest to it," or, "Because Abraham has the best abilities to carry out my instructions," or, "Because Abraham does this or is that," but because God chose him.
I believe that God chose me. When God says to follow His lead, He means it. It doesn't mean to take my own path or handle things my way but to follow His familiar voice.
God chose me even though I do not feel fit to be chosen.
He sees me as chosen.
He sees me.
No comments:
Post a Comment