Greetings from Digman 216!
I am back in my old room, halfway settled in both physically and mentally.
I CAN'T wait until Michelle and Priscilla get here. And the Tuttles, of course.
The drive up with just me and my parents actually wasn't too bad. We talked about their younger years and learned more about how I am "royalty" as Uncle Cliff once dubbed me and Libby. Uncle Cliff claims we're royalty in regards to our Christian community because our parents were so involved and connected with so many people back in their day, and still make and maintain some form of those connections today.
Hence, why I've gone to too many weddings (more than I can count on my fingers) of people whom I do not know, why I always bump into people who knew me before I could talk or walk...and why we bump into people on the street who know my parents but my parents don't remember who they are.
Apparently, that's how the royalty roll. At least, in my family.
Anyway, so we talked about all these people they knew and grew up with. It was pretty cool. I love listening to my parents tell stories about how they did this or that and how they knew this person or that person. It brings connections. I got to ask questions (like, "So when I get married, are there going to be obligatory people for me to invite? Because between you and Pam, that's a lot of people to invite..."). It was good :]
And now, even though I'm by myself in the room, I'm not alone on the floor. Angie, my awesome RA, and Sarah and Su-Ann (although Su-Ann isn't staying here for the night), my awesome neighbors, are here for early arrival, so...
Welcome to junior year.
Ooh, I should tell you about my birthday and show you pictures. It was great! Can you believe I'm 20 now? I sure can't.
1 comment:
= )
I miss you! And Digman.
I can't believe you're 20... gosh.
I'm glad you had a great birthday. It obviously was because CEMCQ beat OCM in the bball tourney. = P
Post a Comment