Friday, November 5, 2010

His supremacy changes everything.

I find it so frustrating that I care more about people than I do about my schoolwork.
I care more about people than I care about money, getting a job, buying a nice house or even driving.

But at the same time, I know that it's important to be a good steward of the schoolwork God has given me. It's for His glory and a form of worship to Him. All powers, thrones, rulers, and authorities are under His supremacy - and that includes college.

I do like learning new things. But it's so much harder to love my schoolwork when I'd rather give my love, time, and resources directly to people who need it.

Books don't need love and care as much as people do.

I like working with my hands and feet, my voice and my written words to work soil, plant seeds, nuture saplings, and watch little sprouts deepen their roots to grow tall in the One who created them.

Sigh. Fine, I'll stop procrastinating now.

No comments: