I am responsible for what I know.
Hold on to all that God has given me with a loose hand.
Pray big and pray boldly.
Social justice and prayer go hand in hand - they are all about relationships.
Remember. Remember that God has brought you out of the land you once thought you knew. Remember His faithfulness. Remember what He has done.
Home doesn't feel like home, but not in a bad way.
"Change will come as sure as the seasons and twice as quickly."
Always have hope.
Love is waiting.
Submitting can be an expression of love.
Submitting will always be hard.
I am still learning what it means to submit.
Am I holding things too loosely?
What does it mean to be "home"?
Slow down.
I don't want to forget. But I forget things so easily.
I'm comfortable with silence. Are you?
I don't know how you feel. I can't read your face. You can probably read mine. But are you sure you're reading me correctly? Are you sure you know exactly what I'm thinking?
It's hard for me to say something before thinking about it. Too many times I've said things I don't really mean, or in a way I don't really mean to. Too many times I know what I'm thinking but don't know how to say it. Too many times it doesn't come out right.
It's hard keeping track of what I've told someone and what I haven't told someone.
I want to care for my friends and family better. I don't always know how to do that or do that well.
You frustrate me.
I know we can't have all the answers.
We can't always have what we want.
What we want could be good but it may not be best.
More often than not, I don't trust my emotions, but God made us to be emotional people, so I can't just dismiss all of my emotions.
I wonder what people think of me. It's different from high school. In high school I didn't let people see my weaknesses or vulnerability and I blamed it on them. In college, I'm more open to others about where I fall short. I place myself in a more dependent state among the people I serve. I know I can't do everything.
God helps me recognize areas where I am comfortable so that He can stretch me in ways I am not comfortable.
I am not who I was. I thought I knew who I am. But it seems like knowing who I am means I've "arrived." I know I'm not there yet.
It's hard to help you see that.
I am responsible for what I know.
God is crazy. He's pretty ridiculous.
I didn't know I had all of these thoughts swimming around in my head. It's interesting that it's not overwhelming me.
These are only some of the headliners. Can you imagine all the little things I'm thinking about?
I don't know why I'm writing all of this on a blog post. I just felt like I needed to.
I think this Thanksgiving break was more needed than I thought it was going to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment