So when I write about the dream/talk about the dream out loud, it sounds a lot stupider than it felt. But trust me, it wasn't funny.
I actually don't remember most of it now because I actually had the dream about a day ago rather than when I woke up this morning, but the important part is still fresh in my mind.
So I think there were people everywhere in my house - except the rooms in my house were expanded to be a lot bigger than they really are right now. And I was socializing, making the rounds, but it wasn't my event. I don't even know what all those people were doing there. There were kids running around everywhere, and if I remember correctly, it was as if we were all waiting for something to happen. Nothing huge like a performance or rocket launch or anything, we were just waiting.
I think at some point I just stopped to talk to Michelle, who was with a handful of other people and a bunch of kids that I liked to play with (?? yeah I don't know). But something felt wrong with my mouth so I went to check it out in the bathroom (which, strangely enough, looks exactly the way the tiny thing looks now), thinking it was just something stuck between my teeth. But when as I looked in the mirror the bottom tooth in my mouth that's squished in crookedly by my other teeth suddenly felt loose - and when I touched it with my finger, it BROKE. Yeah, it was cracked and just broke off into my mouth. It wasn't anything like a loose tooth where the whole tooth pops out from the gums. There was still the very bottom of the tooth rooted in my mouth like it should be - but the big chunk of my tooth just broke.
Well, no surprise - I freaked.
I panicked and immediately tried to think of what food I ate that could've caused this, which made me panic even more because I didn't eat anything the whole day. I also panicked because it was another tooth problem to take care of that would totally be so expensive and telling my dad about this would make me feel so terrible. But I sucked it up and knew it would be worse if I just left it the way it was, so I quickly went to find my dad, trying to hide my panicked face for the guests as I weaved and bobbed through the crowd.
My eyes were ready to bring on the waterfalls by the time I found my dad, but as soon as I was getting ready to make up a good explanation, ALL my other teeth in my mouth broke off the same way the first one did. I'm serious. ALL of my teeth did. So it wasn't like all I had were my gums, but there were a the very bottoms of the teeth still in there. The teeth had just snapped off. And they all fell into my mouth. So I suddenly had my teeth rolling around on my tongue.
Yeah. You think reading about it sounds disgusting? Imagine how I real it felt in my dream to actually experience that.
And of course, I burst out crying but my dad didn't know why because I hadn't had the chance to explain anything yet, but I was already sobbing and couldn't speak. So when my very flustered dad asked me what was wrong, I couldn't say anything - only opened my mouth as best as I could and then spit out some of my teeth into my hand to show him what happened.
That's when I woke up.
I had gone to sleep at around 11:45/12 that night - it was now 1AM. Isn't that crazy? I can't remember the last time a dream literally woke me up AND it wasn't even close to the time I was supposed to get up yet. It was so weird.
My teeth did feel funny though, when I woke up. But I don't know what was making it feel like that. And my mom had the tv on a little too loud, which made the bass vibrate the floor, which translates to my box of a bed pretty easily to make my heart pound a little more. So maybe that contributed to it.
Maybe I'm subconsciously worried about going back to the dentist next week for the conclusion (it BETTER be) of my root canal. This whole root canal thing wasn't very pleasant - and it wasn't because of the actual procedure. Go figure.
Anyway, the end. That was a little more wordy than I had planned.
No comments:
Post a Comment