It's so sad that it's really really long but not long enough to donate to Locks of Love. I want layers again! My head of hair is heavy and can get a bit frizzy in this NYC humidity. And I'm ready for a new style. Maybe my hair will be long enough by the end of the summer...or the end of the year? Ooh, come on, Hair. Grow faster.
Today was such a GREAT day! I had a variety of things to do at work without being overwhelmed, and the lovely Priscilla Lin came to visit me @ work, so we had delightful lunch and she came upstairs for a few minutes to my dead quiet cubicle area to hang up the decoration she made for my cubicle.
I made a contest where anyone who gave me the best decoration for my cubicle would win some of my homebaked goods. I'm betting my money on Priscilla.
After work I got to call Michelle, whose voice I hadn't heard since 6 weeks ago. So it was really good to hear her voice and talk to her :]
And THEN Bixler came down to meet me to eat dinner and hang out before he went off to NYCUP on Thursday. It was really fun! We got to walk around Madison Square Park before I took him to this place nearby that has a live jazz band perform in the evenings - that's the two-for-two part: I forgot that Bix doesn't like surprises. I wanted to surprise him with the jazz band dinner thing, but it turns out he liked this surprise! I'm 2 for 2 because the first time I surprised him was really when Michelle and I didn't tell him what "song" we were singing for our InterVarsity Talent Show [the link is to a different talent show, but similar performance]. He thought it was a good surprise. Yay!
It was really exciting becuase I had never seen a real jazz band play before - unless you count my high school jazz band, or the jazz band I saw perform for two seconds in the Lost Dog Cafe at Binghamton from the outside looking in through the window.
It was a really nice experience and we got free buttons, which was funny because Bixler was actually telling me at dinner how he made like 20 buttons at camp :P
Then we walked over to Bryant Park where we saw some cartoons, watched a little bit of Rodgers and Hammerstein's Carousel before going around to the entrance to use the Key to the City to turn on a lamp. We left a note. It was fun!
Here's a picture of Bix with the key:
We walked around Times Square looking for Toys 'R Us but by the time we found it I needed to go home. I'm exhausted but really wanted to write this post before I forgot what I was going to write about!
Overall it was a really good day and I am completely grateful to God for the kind and absolutely wonderful friends He's given me :]
1 comment:
6 weeks--ridiculous!
Post a Comment