Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Radio of Songs and Thoughts in my Mind

This morning it was a fight to get up
Those words still ringing in my head
I never felt like such a fool in front of anyone
I guess that's what you do when you love someone.

If I fall, I'll try a little harder to get back up
Please stay by me, love,
That's what you do when you love someone.
That's what you do when you love someone.

When You Love Someone // _Bethany Dillon

Still waters, heavy hearts
Plans we make all fall apart
Disillusioned, lost in the gray
How can we fix the heart when it breaks?
Don't know how much more you can take.

Just Give it Time // _Jon McLaughlin

She loves her momma's lemonade
Hates the sounds that goodbyes make
She prays one day she'll find someone to need her
She swears that there's no difference
Between the lies and compliments
It's all the same if everybody leaves her

She would change everything, everything, just ask her
Caught in the in between of beautiful disaster
She just needs someone to take her home

Beautiful Disaster // _Jon McLaughlin

"I give up"
Are the words on the sign
I'm tempted to put
On the door
To the thoughts
Of my mind.
Lock them up,
Swallow the small hard-earned key,
Roll with the punches,
Take the heat
Give it time
Let it be.

"Yet even now," declares the Lord,
Return to me with all your heart,
with fasting, with weeping, and with mourning;
and rend your hearts and not your garments."
Return to the Lord your God,
for He is gracious and merciful,
slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love;
and he relents over disaster.
--Joel 2:12-13

No comments: