I was challenged to prepare for Lent by answering the question, "What are you willing to sacrifice?"
And so for my sabbath today I decided to prepare for Lent by learning a little bit more about it and humbly examine myself for the temptations and sins I struggle with that would be difficult to give up.
As a way of visually reminding myself to prepare for Lent, I decided to decorate the door to my room. The theme verse for the Relentless Act:s Lent preparation is Romans 12:1-2, so I decided to put verse 1 (because putting both verse 1 and verse 2 would be a little too difficult) on my door in a crafty visual way of symbolizing that my door of my heart needs to remain open during this Lenten process.
Then I uploaded some pictures to create a "resource" on World Vision's Relentless Act:s website and it was so cool to see it on the homepage of resources. I knew it wouldn't last forever because I'm sure it's only there until the next person uploads another resource, so I print-screened it to show it to you here:
![]() |
| My resource is in the bottom left corner under "Resources"! |
The annoying thing about the website is that it doesn't show my whole picture, even when you click on it - so people viewing it will only see part of it. So odd. Maybe when people download the resource it provides the whole picture. But you guys get to see it here:
I'm still working on my answer to, "What are you willing to sacrifice?" because I'm trying to dig deeper on what it really means for me to sacrifice and I'm trying to figure out what area of my life God wants me to focus on changing. I'm also trying to learn more about different social justice issues and see how I may need to adjust my lifestyle.
I know examining ourselves and repenting of our sins is supposed to be hard, but I'm really excited about this because I've been praying and trying to figure out how to repent and what behaviors or attitudes I need to change, and I really like the way World Vision is approaching it. It's something that I get to do with people all over the country and the world, reminding me that I'm not doing this by myself. It's also cool to see how people are responding to God, and to share ideas of creative ways to approach Lent.
It's also really inspiring and motivating me to tap into my imagination, and that definitely feels like an old friend I haven't seen in years.

No comments:
Post a Comment