Thursday, November 3, 2011

Just a couple of extra treats I made recently.

These are also some things I've made that I haven't posted yet.  

I believe these were take two of these kinds of pancakes.  They're actually whole wheat apple cinnamon fair-trade coffee-flavored chocolate chunk pancakes.  What a mouthful (haha)!  These were the pancakes I made from scratch for Michelle and Nathan when they came to Binghamton a few weeks ago.  

Apple cinnamon fair-trade coffee-flavored chocolate chunk pancakes
They were inspired from the pancakes I had made just a week before they came.  I was in the mood for pancakes one Saturday morning and decided to surprise Sarah and make some for breakfast when she woke up.  I didn't want just plain pancakes and wanted to experiment, so I threw in some apple chunks because I had so many when I had gone apple picking the weekend before. I figured cinnamon and nutmeg go really well with apples so I threw some of that in there, along with some coffee-flavored chocolate chunks  because chocolate chunks are just delicious and go great with apples and cinnamon in pancakes.

Banana bread with non-fat vanilla frozen yogurt
This banana bread I made pretty much right when I came back from Expedition because I realized we had three really ripe bananas that probably should've been eaten soon.  But I don't like eating really ripe bananas as they are (I like to eat them when they're perfectly yellow and have very little to no brown spots - I know, even though the brown spots tell you that the banana is ripe), so I figured I'd just throw together some banana bread because I needed exactly three really ripe bananas.  Yum!

I went out and bought non-fat vanilla frozen yogurt as well, because I was in the mood for ice cream but knew ice cream would be a less prudent choice for my high cholesterol and that the non-fat frozen yogurt would make that treat a little more guilt-free.  I was right!

No comments: