I've been wondering about my natural sense of optimism these past couple of days.
And as these things usually go in the mind of this introvert, it looks a lot like a tennis match. I have these little debates with myself because to me my optimism makes sense - holding on to my hope in Christ is what got me through heartaches and brokenness - but part of me sometimes gets caught in a wave of doubt. Am I being naive? Am I just trying to make myself feel better? Am I just trying to make others feel better when the reality is that I need to take my positive outlook down a notch? Can so little really do so much?
But it's little things like these - these little signs of life - that make me want to tap you on the shoulder and point to them, not to say, "See? I told you so!" but instead to say, "See? Isn't it beautiful?"
I believe in a mighty God that is bigger than me and knows more than me. I believe in a powerful God that loves His creation and will do anything to seek what is lost and restore what is broken. And stays true to His unchanging character even when we leave our faith behind.
No comments:
Post a Comment