I am currently giving my brain the silent treatment.
Recently I've been tempted to yell at it.
It's taking all my strength not to complain about my brain to other people. Poor Michelle probably has had the brunt of it.
I'll try to let my heart run free here without crossing over to the Land of Complain-a-Lot. Keyword here is "try."
Over this semester so far, I've had numerous projects on my hands: essays, creative writing assignments, E-board plans, Pipe Dream articles...the list could go on and on. I've been busy, but it's been a nice, normal busy, not like major overload like last semester.
But lately the things on my Important/Not Urgent list of things to do have been crossing over to my Important/Urgent list of things to do more quickly than I would like, which causes stress to ensue. It happens all the time. And I'm a kind of person who likes to get a good head start on things so that the project is done well.
And it's not like, oh-my-gosh-this-is-so-much-work stress. It's more like, oh-my-gosh-I-could've-been-less-stressed-if-these-ideas-had-come-to-me-last-week kind of stress.
I guess most people would call it writer's block. I call it creativity delay - I eventually come up with some decently creative ideas, but they come when like the due date is reeeeally close.
My brain has been holding back on my good ideas until the last minute, and I don't like that. I HATE doing things last-minute. I've been hit on the head with that last sentence over and over again this week.
Maybe I need to find better ways to stimulate my brain for ideas. Stupid brain.
2 comments:
take some monster...that will jolt your brain like crazy x]
Post a Comment