Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Hate to be called a nerd, but...

I like studying. It reminds me that it was worth going to every single class because I actually learned something. And I love learning new things. It's a refreshing and growing experience.

I didn't study as much as I would have liked to study - meaning I didn't get to read all of the material for my English classes. When I did set time to sit down and do my work, it was to write papers or catch up on stories I hadn't read.

I'm actually pretty satisfied with how much work I did for school this semester. I may not have been able to read and prepare for every single class, but I can say that I did try my best.

I wrote on my gtalk status the other day that in some ways I'd like to be like Rory from Gilmore Girls, the Chilton years. She's always loved reading and studied sooo much and really did enjoy it. I really admire that about her. Of course, she's a fictional character, but I think in that sense she's a good role model to emulate. She reads and studies hard, but also has fun and spends time with her family and friends.

Studying during this finals week has been something like that. And I like that.

Thanks, God. For giving me a brain and the ability to read and learn. It's great :D

The freedom is so close I can almost taste it...

No comments: