After that moment of panic in my last post, Sarah Min came over for discipleship and I calmed down again. Sarah always seemed to have that kind of effect on this entire year, just with her presence.
Lately I've been very reflective of this semester and this year. Over this year God has really made prayer and social justice a lot more "within reach" for me. I always knew they were important as a disciple of Christ, but they always seemed to be way over my head or too nebulous for me to unpack or unravel or make relevant to me.
My attitude towards prayer has been changing. And I think this strange peace that's been growing in me over the semester roots itself in how I pray and when I pray. I'm drawn to my knees more and more whether or not there's a feeling of desperation, and the way I pray and the attitude I have focuses on the things I've learned about prayer - putting God as the absolute center of prayer, and praying with/about the truths of God's character. I've been believing in false narratives of what God's character is like and didn't even know it.
Praying is awesome and I love seeing how far God has brought me this year!
Usually there's this Spring Semester Funk that I get every year, but it's cool to see how I didn't really experience that this semester. God has really done a lot of work in my life.
I'm SO excited for next year. Fearing God before I fear the known or the unknown really brings about a peace and a joy knowing in my mind and my heart that it is all in His hands and I have to privilege to be a part of all He has in store for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment