so in case you didn't know, i got a guitar! it's a martin dx1, but i still have to find a name for it. i still haven't decided if it was going to be a boy or girl.
here are the choices for a boy: rohan, theoden, peregrin, or shadowfax.
for a girl: eowyn, arwen, or galadriel.
if you didn't know, they're all names from LOTR. no, i'm not a geek (at least, i don't think so). but i really like LOTR. i figure since i really like names from LOTR and i would probably not ever name my kids those names nor any of my characters for my novels, it would be cool to give my name an LOTR name.
i liked rohan for a boy because it sounds strong and robust. i liked theoden (pronounced thay-o-den) because it sounds cool; i like how it rolls off the tongue. i liked peregrin because pippen is one of my favorite characters, and shadowfax, because it's gandalf's horse and it's would be an interesting connection.
i've always liked how eowyn sounded (i really like the "-ay" combined with "-en/-yn" sounds) but i never really liked that character. i really liked arwen. but when i told kenzie the choices, she said arwen reminded her of that guy on the suite life of zach and cody. i think his name is arwin. and he's weird. but now whenever i see arwen i think of that character. so not cool. and i just thought galadriel looked interesting. i didn't even know who that character was until i wikipedia-ed her (yes, i wikipedia-ed her. something i don't do very often).
so far, i believe shadowfax has one vote, arwen has like...two or three votes, and galadriel has three.
it's funny because i might not pick any of those. i want it to be a boy, and i really like theoden. so i'm gonna go with that :]
since theoden's arrival, i've been playing a lot, but i've been playing two songs very frequently. one is one that i wrote, and this one:
Of all the things I believed in
I just want to get it over with
Tears form behind my eyes
But I do not cry
Counting the days that pass me by
I've been searching deep down in my soul
Words that I'm hearing are starting to get old
It feels like I'm starting all over again
The last three years were just pretend
And I said
Goodbye to you
Goodbye to everything I thought I knew
You were the one I loved
The one thing that I tried to hold onto
I still get lost in your eyes
And it seems that I can't live a day without you
Closing my eyes
And you chase my thoughts away
To a place where I am blinded by the light
But it's not right
Goodbye to you
Goodbye to everything I thought I knew
You were the one I loved
The one thing that I tried to hold on to
Oh, woah
And it hurts to want everything and nothing at the same time
I want what's yours and I want what's mine
I want you
But I'm not giving in this time
Goodbye to you
Goodbye to everything that I knew
You were the one I loved
The one thing that I tried to hold onto
Goodbye to you
Goodbye to everything I thought I knew
You were the one I loved
The one thing that I tried to hold onto
The one thing that I tried to hold onto
Oh woah
And when the stars fall I will lie awake
You're my shooting star
goodbye to you // _michelle branch
good song, yo. if you don't know it, you should get to know it. it's been one of my favorites since...a while ago. man this makes me wish michelle branch would go solo again and put out another good album.
but anyway, i think i actually memorized the words this time! if you know me, you know that i'm not usually good at memorizing all the words to songs, sometimes even when they're a favorite of mine unless i make a purposeful effort to do it. so i did, and yay i did it :]
and playing it on theoden makes me happy even though it's kind of a sad song. no, not kind of. it is. it's a very sad song.
okay i'll blog more later.
yay i think the date/time thing on my blog isn't messed up anymore!
2 comments:
Ahh! You got a martin! All the cool kids play them lol. Def gonna be my next guitar..
ARWEN!!! anywhos...it was fun talking and chilling today. we should do that more often =]
btw, i haven't decided...choosing a name is so hard >.<"
Post a Comment