I was planning for a while to make this post a rant about how I feel alone in the English Major world here, and how I can't seem to connect with English Majors on a social level that I'd like...
And then I'd be all harsh on myself about how I don't meet the "good" English Major standard, how I read so slow or don't have time to read more books, or don't have time to write stories or poems, or how I process things slow, or how I need huge blocks of time in order to really get anything done because I get nothing done when I only have 1 or 2 hour slivers of time...
But then I was going to rant about how I was having a semi-crisis of identity because I have no drive or passion to work hard and discipline myself to do all I could to strengthen my more easy-to-spot potential (writing, singing, baking, etc.)...
And then I was going to go into this whole ordeal about how I really don't want to look for jobs or consider grad school in the future because I don't think any of those things fit where I am right now and how I want to just explore life and my potential and the places where God can take me if I were to actually spend time doing the things He actually made me to enjoy doing...
Which would transform into a rant about how I hate how everyone asks me what I plan to do with my life or puts a downer on my optimistic outlook that I could find a job I actually enjoy doing, or how I know that I know I don't have to have this clear-cut straight path but it's so difficult to feel okay with that because of the pressure our society puts on us....
But now all I want to say is...best friends and cleaning/organizing things are two of the best therapeutic gifts from God.
1 comment:
i hear executive ones are the best kinds.
Post a Comment